[haiku-development] Re: building under Cygwin (windows)

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 00:21:32 -0700

On 5/30/07, Stefano Ceccherini <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2007/5/30, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>:
I've applied some of your diffs, but not everything. For example I
didn't have to touch the buildtools. They compiled without any issue.

Yep, i noticed this after the last round of FreeBSD updates to the
buildtools (several months ago I believe) - IIRC, all the patches I
had there were to tweak the tests for "fixinc".

I can share my current diffs as they differ a bit from what you did.
What I have learnt is that every time you install cygwin you get a
slightly different experience, due to the different versions of the
various packages.

Yep... but I do have a list of the bare minimum additional packages
you need beyond the default core install of cygwin (at least to get to
the point of failure):

subversion (plus deps) (needed for source retrieval)
gcc-core (plus deps) (obviously needed)
make (needed for cross-tools compile)
gettext (needed for libintl support - for cross-tools compile - bfd)
libiconv (needed for cross-tools compile - bfd)
flex (suitable replacement for lex - needed for cross-tools compile - ld)
byacc (suitable replacement for yacc - needed for jam compile) (must
be done before make attempted - otherwise delete targets and start
over)
gcc-g++ (plus deps) (needed for haiku host build tools compile)

That's my previous list... hopefully it hasn't changed much with the
recent changes.

I hadn't added bison yet - but maybe that's simply because I hadn't
gotten far enough into the build to require it yet.

In any case, I have a fresh environment set up, managed mount created,
and I'm downloading the source now - should be done by morning (my
internet connection is that bad, yes...)