[haiku-development] Re: building under Cygwin (windows)

  • From: "Stefano Ceccherini" <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 08:17:54 +0200

2007/5/30, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>:

When I worked on this, I had added a new host platform called "cygwin"
and altered the configure script, some jam rules, and several headers
to specifically use it.  I followed most of the lead from the freebsd
and linux host platform - with some custom tweaks for cygwin.

From what I can tell, Cygwin's environment really isn't all that much
like Linux other than using the same GNU packages and bash...

Stefano has most of my diffs from those attempts - but I will
re-create my entire environment and re-apply some of my changes until
I can get back to the same place as before (this was of course quite a
few months ago, before all the recent changes to fs_shell).

I've applied some of your diffs, but not everything. For example I
didn't have to touch the buildtools. They compiled without any issue.
I can share my current diffs as they differ a bit from what you did.
What I have learnt is that every time you install cygwin you get a
slightly different experience, due to the different versions of the
various packages.