[haiku-development] Re: app_server patch

  • From: Joseph Groover <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:47:19 -0500

Howdy,

I'm aware of some of the violations, actually. I was getting frustrated and just ran through the code trying to find issues rather than being all proper :-0 I'll address those soon.

I just copied the way it was done in app_server for DECORATORS_DIR, but that urked me as well - just couldn't be bothered with it while dealing with odd results through ServerLink ( it doesn't like entry_refs, no way no how... so I hade to change to ReadString and AttachString and do some serious rewriting - which resolved all of the issues ).

As far as checking against non-NULL I tend to do this when it keeps the code flowing more cleanly, though if that is an issue I'll run through and change it up.

And I always align everything for their purpose, but I'll undo that before finalization as well.

Thanks!

--The loon

On 4/13/2011 12:33, Michael Pfeiffer wrote:
Am 13.04.2011 um 09:47 schrieb Joseph Groover:

ALL opinions wanted!

There are some code style violations. See [1] for details.

For example:
* no spaces around a condition:
   if (condition) instead of if ( condition )
* opening curly bracket on same line after conditional statement:
   if (condition) { ...
* I think it is preferred to explicitly test against NULL or 0:
   point == NULL or point != NULL instead of !pointer or pointer
   strcmp(...) != 0 instead of !strcmp(...)
* The * belongs to the type:
   DecorAddOn* name instead of DecorAddOn * name
* Local variable names are not aligned:
        DecorAddOn* old_decor = fCurrentDecor;
        BString old_path = fCurrentDecorPath;
        image_idold_image = fCurrentDecor->ImageID();
   instead of:
        DecorAddOn      * old_decor = fCurrentDecor;
        BString         old_path        = fCurrentDecorPath;
        image_id        old_image       = fCurrentDecor->ImageID();
* I think we don't use underscores in variable names
   oldDecor instead of old_decor
* use find_directory with B_USER_ADDONS_DIRECTORY instead of the hard coded
path in:
   #define DECORATORS_DIR "/boot/home/config/add-ons/decorators/"

Bye,
Michael
[1] http://www.haiku-os.org/development/coding-guidelines