[haiku-development] Re: app_server patch

  • From: Joseph Groover <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:40:59 -0500

Sorry for the slow reply folks.. sleep in my part time of the world!

Anyway I was talking with others about this and we decided a live preview would be the way to go, the preview included was just a filler of sorts.

If I have time today I'll make some changes to enable live preview ( setting only one specialized window to a given decorator ) and get rid of the static one. Then I'll setup tracs.

In regards to the build rule, I was not aware of a way to add the resource via the jamfile without changing the rule - and I didn't want to risk modifying AddOn rule in case it damaged something else.

It was a quick fix to make things work. How do I go about modifying only the jamfile to add a resource?

Thanks as always!

--The loon

On 4/13/2011 11:30, Axel Dörfler wrote:
Ingo Weinhold<ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>  wrote:
I haven't looked at why you added the bitmap. Your patch summary
doesn't say so.
It might be a preview of the decorator. If so, a bitmap is only a very
simplistic way to get those previews, and doesn't even allow to show
different fonts, colors, or languages. IOW I don't think this is a good
idea. Since we usually apply settings live, I doubt a preview is really
needed, anyway, though.

Bye,
    Axel.