[haiku-development] Re: app_server patch

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 10:21:32 +0200

On 18.05.2011 00:47, Joseph Groover wrote:
On 5/17/2011 14:47, Stephan Aßmus wrote:
Joseph Groover<looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb:
On 5/17/2011 12:01, pulkomandy wrote:
On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 07:49:22PM -0700, Michael Oliveira wrote:
Is there any plan to include it into Alpha 3?
No ticket in the alpha3 milestone on Trac, not part of the release.

Ticket # 7445

http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/7445

alpha 3 wasn't a target when I created the ticket.

Thanks for the bump!

Sorry I haven't gotten around to applying the patch yet. When I do, I
don't think it needs to be included in the alpha, though. It just
brings the chance of introducing a regression.

I understand completely. It would be nice to see it post-alpha 3.

Thanks, I was hoping you wouldn't be put off if this didn't make the cut.

scottmc called it feature creep, but I don't see that. I simply
implemented unimplemented features, and made a class so that the two
apps relying upon the changes are kept in sync - while expanding command
line capabilities to match the future UI.

I wouldn't call it feature creep either, the functionality is perfectly fine and addresses a shortcomming in the current code.

Oh well, I'm patient :-)

I've given some comments in the ticket again, you can greatly accelerate the patch applying if you give the patch anoter hard stare to fix coding style issues. :-) The only thing that has kept me from applying it immediately is that I would have fixed those issues myself first, and I didn't make the time for it.

Best regards,
-Stephan