[haiku-development] Re: The r1alpha4 branch

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 09:16:16 -0700

Ok, now for some git questions (before I go and make a mess of things)...

What are the correct steps to take to check out the r1alpha4 branch
using git and what are the steps to commit changes.

I assumed it would be:

$ git clone ssh://scottmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/haiku#r1alpha4
Cloning into haiku#r1alpha4...
fatal: '/haiku#r1alpha4' does not appear to be a git repository
but that didn't work so well...

Are we committing to master or to the branch?  If we check out a
branch can the commits even go to master?

I assume we are adding the +r1alpha4 to the commit message as in the past?

-scottmc