[haiku-development] The r1alpha4 branch

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 17:15:55 -0400

I will probably make the r1alpha4 branch and go through the initial
steps from http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/ReleaseCookbook tonight (and
I'll update that document for Git, etc.)

My main concerns about the release have more to do with WebPositive
than anything else. While aldeck's work on WebKit was welcome, there
seem to be quite a few regressions that I should have worked on rather
than other Haiku bugs in recent weeks. But I need to set up a new
Haiku-hosted development machine for that, which I have not done yet.
My current Haiku work has been done in Ubuntu and tested in
VirtualBox, but WebKit really needs to be worked on inside Haiku.

So for the next week I'll probably focus more on WebKit and
WebPositive bugs than Haiku, so we can have at least a comparable
browsing experience on alpha4 as on alpha3 (albeit a bit faster and
more up-to-date hopefully.)

Also I don't think I have the skills (or the time to learn the skills)
to fix most of the current R1/alpha4 blockers, so unless someone else
steps up they aren't going to get fixed (or we won't be releasing as
scheduled.) Here is the current list:

https://dev.haiku-os.org/query?status=assigned&status=in-progress&status=new&status=reopened&milestone=R1%2Falpha4&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&order=priority

I can probably fix the Tracker one, unless stpere wants to take care of it:

https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/8714

--
Regards,
Ryan