[haiku-development] Re: Tarball

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:07:59 +0000

On 2009-04-16 at 16:02:13 [+0000], Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Stephan Assmus wrote:
> > On 2009-04-15 at 09:57:22 [+0200], Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> svn up on my installation goes into an infinite disk-thrashing loop
> >> that lasts all night. I never get to see a new file, and if for some
> >> reason I crash the system, the whole thing locks and has to be deleted.
> >>
> >> It's a worry.
> >
> > What network and harddisk drivers do you use? This is supposed to work
> > and does work for many of us. We are all using the same SVN package and
> > the same kernel. So it has to be something that is different across our
> > machines, like the drivers.
> >
> Network driver is via_rhine but since I'm having the same trouble copying
> between drives this isn't relevant. The drives are all bog standard and
> reliable ATA Western Digitals.

The drives or other hardware being bad is one of the last things I would
expect, you already mentioned your system working fine running other
operating systems. Do you happen to have other nics you could try with (so
another network driver is used in Haiku)? Maybe we can narrow down the
possibly offender.

Best regards,
-Stephan