[haiku-development] Re: Tarball

  • From: Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 17:56:20 +0000

Axel Dörfler wrote:
Rob Judd wrote:
To whoever posted the tarball at ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub today all I can say is THANK YOU!!!

That should actually always have been there, automatically updated by BerliOS.

See my earlier comment about the package being broken. A base tarball with weekly diffs would be brilliant.

After all the problems getting svn to perform this is indeed a useful thing.

Definitely useful, though SVN has to work fine, too. If you don't manage to check out the sources at once for whatever reason, you can still repeatedly call the "svn up" command until everything is checked out.

svn up on my installation goes into an infinite disk-thrashing loop that lasts all night. I never get to see a new file, and if for some reason I crash the system, the whole thing locks and has to be deleted.

It's a worry.

Rob