[haiku-development] Re: Sample songs for Haiku?

  • From: looncraz <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 08:28:42 -0500

On 21/06/2021 07.40, Panagiotis Vasilopoulos wrote:

I was wondering if I could try composing an experimental track or two (or a couple of tracks) that would ship with Haiku systems. Could probably ask community members as well for some help, because the only instrument I have available right now is a MIDI synth. Creative Commons, of course.

I don't think we need songs... but we absolutely need sounds.  A good opening sound, simple, very short, melody, simple noises for opening apps or other system events... goes a long way to making the OS feel more immersive and inviting.

--The loon