[haiku-development] Re: Sample songs for Haiku?

  • From: Panagiotis Vasilopoulos <hello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 19:43:18 +0000

How many submissions and songs do we want? Collaborative efforts will be better, but calling on new people not familiar with the spirit and the vibe we want will just result in severe conflict, from my perspective.

Keeping this among preexisting members seems like a more constructive idea to get the goal done. Or... just calling on people to join a new group and then taking it from there, rather than instantly putting everyone in a position of friction. That could be a fine line.

Julius Enriquez wrote:

Alright, lots of good points against contests.

Perhaps a call for people willing to create songs and be guided along by the community would be a better solution, yes? Promotions team could also help with this.

Volunteers could also potentially be organized into a Media team later on, along with maybe folks doing wallpapers and other audiovisual creations for Haiku in the future.