[haiku-development] Re: Sample songs for Haiku?

  • From: Panagiotis Vasilopoulos <hello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 19:07:47 +0000

On 21/6/21 6:58 p.m., Julius Enriquez wrote:

As for demos, another option would be to find songs online that have the proper licensing and vibes for Haiku. Some larger projects already do this, although admittedly finding tracks that match Haiku may take a bit of time. Maybe the marketing team could help with that?

In my opinion, it would be much better to come up with something simple and original, in the spirit of other operating systems, and showcase the system's personality, instead of slapping, say, Kevin MacLeod's royalty free Ukulele song (See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8wE1wcFShs) and calling it a day.

Otherwise, we might as well not include a song in the system at all.

(... Can any of you play instruments, by any chance? :D)

--
With regards,
Panos