[haiku-development] Re: R1 blocker - dial up internet?

  • From: Karl vom Dorff <karlvd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 09:24:43 -0500

'(except me, since I've been on dial-up until 2009, and few others, it
seems), so it seems it's not so important.'
Well, when two people on the thread say already that most of their country
are still on dial-up (China and South Africa); it sounds important.
Just because Ubuntu doesn't support it, doesn't mean Haiku shouldn't.
Including this support in Haiku would be a smart choice (given these
statistics) to perhaps attract a particular user.
I appreciate the discussion, just wanted to bring the issue to attention.