[haiku-development] Re: R1 blocker - dial up internet?

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 09:04:44 +0100

Le 24 nov. 2010 à 06:27, Paul Davey a écrit :

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Karl vom Dorff <karlvd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"dial up is really still used by a none negligible number I would not
declare it as a blocker."
100 million U.S dial-up internet users (~1/3) is non-negotiable? I would
hate to look into third world statistics, where a free operating system
would be more attractive, but I suspect the statistics for dial-up users in
these locations would be >1/2 of the user base!...

In south africa ADSL and such is prohibitively expensive for all but
businesses.  Most of the country is on dialup....

And in most of Africa they directly went to mobile carrier anyway instead of investing in land lines, which is quite logical.
So more people have a cell phone than a fixed one. So potentially more 3G users.

François.