[haiku-development] Re: R1 blocker - dial up internet?

  • From: Pengfei Han <pengphei@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:50:48 +0800

2010/11/24 Karl vom Dorff <karlvd@xxxxxxxxx>

> BeOS, as far as I'm aware, had some modem dial-up capability. Haiku's
> dial-up capability?
>
> This to me, would seem to be a blocker.
>
> I'm looking at some statistics (although I don't know how reliable)
>

> http://blog.wasiqansari.com/index.php/2010/02/35-of-us-internet-still-on-dialup/
>
> If the amount of U.S users still on dial-up = around 1/3 of the population
> (~100 million users), it begs the question, how many rely on dial-up in Asia
> and Africa?

hey , Karl vom Dorff.

In china, we are still using dail-up. but I don't know how we can add it to
Haiku. here is the software we commonly use. and this app is just used in
China, I don't know how we can port it to haiku.

http://messenger.vnet.cn/

this app is released by China Telecom. but for me , we will crack its
password, and connect to the internet by Router。 but I don't think it is a
good idea for common users who are not familiar with cracking and advanced
computer skills.

--kurain

<http://messenger.vnet.cn/>

--