[haiku-development] Re: Pushing for R1 (Final)

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 11:10:56 +0100

Hi,

Von: Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>
> On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 18:30:25 +0000, Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > I updated http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/FutureHaikuFeatures to be a
> > voting page for R1's features.
>
> What about full support of isochronous USB transfers for OHCI/EHCI
> controller types? As far as I know, there are only UHCI controllers
> support at the moment. By the way this lack of isochronous support
> blocks finishing USB Audio support on my side - I have no UHCI hardware
> anymore for full time. :-(

That's something I don't understand. If it is "blocking" your work, it implies
you would have time and motivation to work on your driver right now. The first
thing that comes to my mind is that you are a perfect candidate to work on the
missing features in our USB stack, so as to unblock yourself to work on that
driver. Do you have any idea how often I've had to work on something in Haiku
to unblock something else I originally intended to work on? Actually, my whole
involvement in Haiku was intended to unblock working on BeOS applications... :-D

Oh and yes, isochronous transfer support in the USB stack definitely deserves a
spot in the list of features to implement before R1 can be released... :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan