[haiku-development] Re: Pushing for R1 (Final)

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 21:38:53 +0100

Hi,

Am 20.11.2010 19:44, schrieb Karl vom Dorff:
With regards to administration voting on these features, may I also
suggest perhaps a community poll?

It would not have any consequence, but could be useful for the admins
and developers to gauge what the users want. This, and I do think it
would be a nice gesture and good PR.

A community poll seems to be a good idea to me. With R1, we need to strike a ballance between not delaying the release for too long, and making it polished and impressive enough so that we attract new developers. Finding this ballance is difficult and as such a more widespread poll can really help. Having a fixed set of possible "want haves" helps to keep the poll focused, a poll would not be about asking users for what features they want, but about which ones they want from a fixed list.

This list, as Matt has reworked it already, seems to be pretty solid and well done to me. Perhaps some developers may think of something to add, but it seems to me like it covers all the sore spots pretty well.

Best regards,
-Stephan