[haiku-development] Re: Proposal: Release Plan for Haiku R1 alpha 3

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:51:27 -0800

> At some point the built-in Haiku version needs to be updated, so that optional
> packages that have not been build against an official release (alpha 1 or 2)
> can be rebuilt. But even when done at the very beginning, a week is a rather
> short time.

When can this be done?  As soon as this is done I can start rebuilding
the optional packages.  Sooner is better.  I may also need freshed gcc
packages before I start?

>> * March 8-14. Testing (of r1alpha3) and fixing any show-stoppers that
>> might pop up. 'Regular' bug-fixes will, as a rule, will not be
>> imported.
>> * March 14-17. Possible release period.
>
> I find two weeks for the whole process and particularly only one week for bug
> fixing quite daring.

If we start the process now the bug fixing can starts before the freeze date.

> [...]
>> MOVE QUICKLY
>> Given the given time frame, we need to move quickly.
>
> ... or adjust the time frame. Or is there some reason the release has to
> happen until mid March?
>
> CU, Ingo

The actual release date isn't pinned down.  I believe it will depend
on if any key blockers show up between now and the end of the bug
fixing period.

As for blockers... I don't see any as of when I'm writing this.  If
anyone find what they feel is a real blocker then it should be marked
as such.  I don't see a blocker ticket for DHCP.  If it's not working
then please create a trac ticket and mark it as such.
7203 may or may not be an issue.  I guess we'll know for sure soon, if
might have just been a corrupted image I was working on.

-scottmc