[haiku-development] Re: Proposal: Release Plan for Haiku R1 alpha 3

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:35:13 +0100 (MET)

scottmc<scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ingo wrote:
> >> * March 8-14. Testing (of r1alpha3) and fixing any show-stoppers that
> >> might pop up. 'Regular' bug-fixes will, as a rule, will not be
> >> imported.
> >> * March 14-17. Possible release period.
> > I find two weeks for the whole process and particularly only one week for
> > bug fixing quite daring.

FWIW, I would very much recommend a release branch instead of freezing trunk -
I don't think this model suits our workflow.
Also, I would prefer to make the bug fixing period longer as well.

> As for blockers... I don't see any as of when I'm writing this.  If
> anyone find what they feel is a real blocker then it should be marked
> as such.  I don't see a blocker ticket for DHCP.

DHCP is just one blocking issue of the current revision; another one is the
mail_daemon, and also ShowImage.
There are probably more less obvious problems, too.

Bye,
   Axel.