[haiku-development] Re: Port of Apache Harmony to Haiku

  • From: forumer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 11:31:51 +0100

Le 20.11.2011 08:13, Dhruwat Bhagat a écrit :
Hi,

 I have ported Apache Harmony to Haiku. I have replaced the the ant
build process that Harmony uses for the c/c++ code with a Make build
process. While the Makefiles aren't pretty and do some redundant work
everytime they are run even if it is not needed, but they work and let
you compile the code. For the Java code, I simply copy the compiled
code from a windows build to the Haiku build.

I have tested successfully with a "Hello World" class. However, if you
send a signal to the currently executing Harmony process then one of
the daemon threads crashes. Harmony has a suite of test cases to test
the Java functionality which I plan to test so that more issues can be
detected.

There are one or two POSIX thread functions that Harmony uses but are
not provided by Haiku so I have written the stub implementation for
them in the Harmony port. I am going to submit patches for these
functions and if they are accepted then I will be able to remove the
stubs from the port code.

The port code doesn't really comply with the coding standards of Haiku
or Harmony, which needs to be worked upon.

I have made the binary code available at

http://haikuware.com/directory/view-details/development/language/apache-harmony-java
and the source code at http://www.dhruwat.com/svn/harmonyforhaiku . If
the source link doesn't hold up very well then I will move the source
to a more reliable place.

cheers,
Dhruwat

Hi,

What is the difference between Apache Harmony and OpenJDK ?
Wouldn't be more interesting to port OpenJDK since Harmony is deprecated ?