[haiku-development] Re: PM Mount Points

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 10:33:16 +0100

Hi,

Am 20.02.2015 um 09:29 schrieb Axel Dörfler:
Am 19/02/2015 um 21:29 schrieb Adrien Destugues:
And what I'd prefer in that case (I'm fine with either this or the
current one):
/boot/system (not packages)
/boot/system/packaged (packages)
~/config/packaged (packages)
~/config/  (not packages)

Same here. It's consistent, and does not add more cruft to the user folder.

I don't know how the modifyable parts of packages fit into this (settings, additional users, post-install scripts)... or rather I should say, I don't know how much work is required to change this cleanly, but I could live with this as well.

There is the argument that this somehow degrades package management to second class citizen. But I don't know how strong that argument is. For the hypothetical users that don't need to know about these internals, it should not matter by definition. The others are the power-users and developers. And if it makes (at least some of) their lives easier, I don't see much against it.

Best regards,
-Stephan