[haiku-development] Re: PANIC: page fault, but interrupts were disabled.

  • From: "Zenja Solaja" <solaja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 20:06:44 +1100

This might be a similar problem to what's happening on MacBookPro's.  When
booting from a real parition, the error encountered is:

PANIC: page fault, but interrupts were disabled  Touching address 0xccccccd8
from eip 0x800490a1.

Welcome to Kernel Debugging Land...

Thread 7 "page writer" running on CPU0

This happens after the 4th boot icon, and neither the built in keyboard or
an external USB keyboard are recognised (hence, no way to type "bt").
 Unfortunately, there is nothing in the syslog (verified via Zeta running
under VMFusion, which can access the real hard disk partition.  The real
partition has Haiku, r28464).

There is an open ticket for this (http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/1599), so
the problem may be related (missing chipset id in ahci.c.

Chris, any luck with your MacBook bounty?