[haiku-development] Re: PANIC: page fault, but interrupts were disabled.

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 18:42:46 +0200 CEST

Matt <laceysnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've seen bug 2597, which is a similar thing - I've just checked out
> the latest source and built Haiku to a partition for the first time
> in
> a few months (yet to boot natively on this machine hence infrequent
> trying!) and just got this panic on boot up - is there any useful
> info
> I can get bearing in mind I don't have a serial port?

If you have a digital photo camera, you can provide us with useful
informations, like the stack trace of the thread causing the panic. BTW
that you enter the same panic doesn't necessarily mean it's the same
bug - the stack trace could help deciding, though.
Just type "bt" in the kernel debugger, and take a photo from that.

> Thanks Axel, hope the code sprint went well - love coding sessions
> like that! As for the panic, I found it only happened when AHCI was
> disabled in my BIOS, if I enable it then I can boot with no problems
> (these cases are the same regardless of whether I toggle it in the
> Haiku boot menu). A fix would still be good though as there will
> probably be a lot of end users running alongside XP which doesn't
> support AHCI hence it being disabled in my BIOS.

It would be very helpful to post your machine configuration then,
especially the part when it comes to IDE/SATA, and which drivers it's
using.

HTH, and sorry for the delay.

Bye,
   Axel.