[haiku-development] Re: OpenGL System hpkg's

  • From: Alexander von Gluck IV <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 10:51:27 -0500

On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 14:10:01 +0200
Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

> > I've been moving as much code rendering code into Mesa as I can, however
> > we *have* to wrap calls at a lower level as openGL initialization isn't
> > a universal process per platform and Be's api differs from Linux,
> > Windows, and OS X (which also all differ)
>
> On Linux building Mesa results in a complete "OpenGL kit", including a
> libGL. Why is that not possible on Haiku? Why do we have to drag Mesa
> code and internal headers into Haiku's build?

I looked into this.  It looks possible to add a new libgl target to
Mesa 9.x+ moving our OpenGL kit out of tree...

kallisti5@eris mesa :) $ git status
# On branch master
# Changes to be committed:
#   (use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)
#
#       new file:   src/gallium/targets/libgl-haiku/GLDispatcher.cpp
#       new file:   src/gallium/targets/libgl-haiku/GLDispatcher.h
#       new file:   src/gallium/targets/libgl-haiku/GLRenderer.cpp
#       new file:   src/gallium/targets/libgl-haiku/GLRendererRoster.cpp
#       new file:   src/gallium/targets/libgl-haiku/GLRendererRoster.h
#       new file:   src/gallium/targets/libgl-haiku/GLView.cpp
#       new file:   src/gallium/targets/libgl-haiku/Makefile.am
#       new file:   src/gallium/targets/libgl-haiku/SConscript
#
# Changes not staged for commit:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
#   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
#
#       modified:   src/gallium/SConscript
#

As for Mesa 7.8.2, things are a lot more tricky as it is pre-gallium.

So the core issue here definitely is the gcc2 locked Mesa 7.8.2

 -- Alex