[haiku-development] Re: OpenGL System hpkg's

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 22:56:07 +0200

On 10/01/2013 05:51 PM, Alexander von Gluck IV wrote:
On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 14:10:01 +0200
Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
I've been moving as much code rendering code into Mesa as I can, however
we *have* to wrap calls at a lower level as openGL initialization isn't
a universal process per platform and Be's api differs from Linux,
Windows, and OS X (which also all differ)

On Linux building Mesa results in a complete "OpenGL kit", including a
libGL. Why is that not possible on Haiku? Why do we have to drag Mesa
code and internal headers into Haiku's build?

I looked into this.  It looks possible to add a new libgl target to
Mesa 9.x+ moving our OpenGL kit out of tree...
[...]

Sounds good.

As for Mesa 7.8.2, things are a lot more tricky as it is pre-gallium.

If it can't be integrated with the actual Mesa sources, as a last resort the build instructions could be put directly into the recipe. Not particularly beautiful, but the resulting packages would at least be comparable with that of the gcc 4 version. And since the Mesa version is frozen anyway, it also isn't like we'd have to deal with updates.

CU, Ingo