[haiku-development] OpenGL System hpkg's

  • From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 22:48:10 -0500

I just realized that I generally remove the default OpenGL add-on and
add my own while debugging the OpenGL stuff.  I can't do that any longer
as the base Haiku system image contains the default renderer (forcing me
to use the add-on shipped with Haiku as /system is read only)

The way the OpenGL kit works at the moment, the add-ons could be split
into hpkg's. We then could ship one by default, and let users select
others to play with.

This raises a few questions:
 * Is it possible at the moment to make a seperate hpkg for an add-on
within our build system?
 * We need a new category in HaikuDepo for "System" (not really a q)
 * what would we name such a package?  It needs a name that classifies
it as: Haiku system, opengl, swrast,swpipe,hwradeon,etc

As a side note, I still can't figure out why we have a mesa package...
we wrap everything mesa in our OpenGL kit.

 -- Alex