[haiku-development] Re: OpenGL System hpkg's

  • From: Alexander von Gluck IV <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 12:22:53 -0500

On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 15:21:50 +0200
Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On 09/30/2013 05:48 AM, Alexander von Gluck wrote:
> >   * We need a new category in HaikuDepo for "System" (not really a q)
> >   * what would we name such a package?  It needs a name that classifies
> > it as: Haiku system, opengl, swrast,swpipe,hwradeon,etc
>
> Why not just name it like that, i.e. haiku_opengl_swrast...?

sounds fine to me... I wasn't sure if we were supposed to have _'s in
package names as the '_;  is used as a delimiter for _source and _devel

> > As a side note, I still can't figure out why we have a mesa package...
> > we wrap everything mesa in our OpenGL kit.
>
> ATM it's just a place holder. Eventually we should have an actual mesa
> package.

See, this is what I don't understand...  *We don't need a mesa package*

Mesa is fully wrapped by our OpenGL kit.  *nothing* should depend on Mesa.

Haiku contains 0 native Mesa shared libraries.  The only thing we take 1:1
from Mesa is gl.h and friends... these though count towards the OpenGL kit.

 -- Alex