[haiku-development] Re: My First Haiku Project?

  • From: "Zenja Solaja" <solaja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 19:56:12 +1100

Hi Michael.

The nature of volunteer projects (eg. Haiku) is that people do whatever they
want regardless of importance / priority.  Such is life.  In any case, no
matter what challenge you chose, you will enrich the Haiku ecosystem.  For
that I salute you.  Having said that ...

 The mailing list / community consensus has been (and someone please correct
me if I'm wrong) that it is still premature for LiveCD's.  The annoying
issue of hardware support always pops up, ruining the evaluators experience.
 This is one of the biggest reasons why I support emulator images, like
Karl's Senryu images.  Once again, it is your spare time and your energy on
the line, so do with it as you wish.  If that's what turns you on, go for
it.

I'm personally going down the 'content' path ie. making software for Haiku.
 I've got a pleasant suprise ready for Haiku fans, which is 6 weeks away
from release.  Hopefully just in time for the alpha :)