[haiku-development] Re: My First Haiku Project?

  • From: "Donn Cave" <donn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:37:59 -0700 (PDT)

Quoth "Michael Crawford" <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>:
| On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 5:51 AM, scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
|> You should first get a linux build partition setup
|
| I expect I can do that Sunday.  But I have a question:
|
| If I have an 80 Gig disk, and I want four operating systems, Ubuntu,
| BeOS 5 Pro, "Haiku Stable" and "Haiku Unstable", how many Gb do you
| recommend I devote to each system?

I would say -0- blocks to Ubuntu, unless it's going to do more for you
than just build Haiku.  You can build Haiku on "Haiku stable".

I think 20 Gb would be OK for that partition.  That's a little less
than twice what I'm using already - so more would be better, but the
other Haiku partition gives you some flexibility.

Even if you for whatever reason insist on cross-compiling Haiku,
I'd get BeOS installed first and then try out a hard disk image,
if you haven't already verified that your hardware is going to work.

        Donn Cave, donn@xxxxxxxxxxx