[haiku-development] Re: My First Haiku Project?

  • From: Nick <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 12:14:56 -0600

> I wasn't able to get a clear answer as to whether the X1050 would work> with
> Haiku, but it should work using the VESA driver. If it's not> actually
> supported, possibly all it will take for native 2-D support> is to add its
> PCI device ID to Haiku's Radeon driver.
Mike, Radeon support is upto X800 only.  Even then, some of the Radeon X cards
may not work properly still.  VESA will work with all video cards but slower
compared to 2D accel.

Haiku best supports the Nvidia 7 Series cards, upto 7950 and are best for 2D
acceleration.  NO support for Nvidia 8 or 9 series.

I will respond to your hardware request in a few minutes.

Regards,