[haiku-development] Re: Is Intel 810 Video Driver Needed?

  • From: Fredrik Modèen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 19:20:31 +0200 (CEST)

> Urias McCullough wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Axel Dörfler<axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Which is actually the case, as we don't support window mode, we need a
>>> linear frame buffer.
>>> Now we could add support for this, but I don't think it's worth it.
>>>

>> Well, frankly (for those who previously found no good reason to write
>> an i810 driver), if there is no other way to support video on
>> i810-based machines, I think *some* solution should be considered - at
>> least a native driver would give people some hope.
>>

> I will implement the Intel 810 driver, and hopefully it will take much
> less time to implement than the ati driver took.
That would be nice :) think I have one of thouse on my dell P3

You probably have these links but I'll give those anyway.
http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/810/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/i810fb/
I think that this are what you probably are looking for?
http://www.intel.com/Assets/PDF/manual/298600.pdf?iid=ipp_810chpst+info_ref_ich&;

Some syllable drivers.
http://syllable.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/syllable/syllable/system/sys/kernel/drivers/graphics/
http://syllable.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/syllable/syllable/system/sys/appserver/appserver/drivers/video/