[haiku-development] Re: Is Intel 810 Video Driver Needed?

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 15:01:23 -0700

On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 03:51:04PM -0400, Gerald Zajac wrote:
> Thus, I'm considering implementing a video driver to support the Intel
> 810 and 815 chips.  However, I'm wondering if there are a sufficient
> number of computers that still use these chips to make the effort
> worthwhile.  If these chips are rather rare these days (they are about
> 8-10 years old), it might not be worth the effort to implement a driver
> to support them.  Do you have any opinion on this matter?

My current Ubuntu machine is an i810 chipset.  It has a BeOS 5 partition,
which sadly only runs in safe mode!  (And earlier revs of BeOS *would* drive
the chip, but I never managed to mix-and-match...)  I was proposing to
upgrade the partition to Haiku at some point, so, yes, I would be
delighted with a driver that could handle it!

                        -- Pete --