[haiku-development] Re: Is Intel 810 Video Driver Needed?

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 18:07:35 -0300

Urias McCullough wrote:

I don't have either one. :)

I just think that Haiku will benefit more from adding support for modern
rather than for old (obsolete?) hardware.

But, in order to support a given piece of hardware, a developer pretty
much needs to 1) have said hardware, 2) have documentation for it, and
3) have the ability/know how to develop it.

I am willing to buy a top of the line Radeon HD card to anyone willing to write drivers for it (as long as it suppors the 3870 too, as I have this card :) ). The offer is serious.

-Bruno