[haiku-development] Re: Haiku R1A5 timelines?

  • From: Przemysław Pintal <premislaus1988@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 23:33:56 +0200

+1

We have PM and scheduler, better Web+, tons of bug fixes.

I have some remarks:

1. This should be beta not alpha. After 13 years, another alpha
version looks very bad. Believe me! At the scale of the project and
available funds, Haiku will never be feature complete.
2. Since Haiku for years was the alpha version, we should have more
frequent releases: NFSv4 -> release, ASLR -> release, PM -> release.
Buzz in social media!
3. Fixes and features should be backported to the next stable release
(we have PM).