[haiku-development] Re: Haiku R1A5 timelines?

  • From: Donn Cave <donn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 07:16:51 -0700 (PDT)

quoth Stephan Aßmus,

> That is sure the case. So how would you go about making Haiku developers
> use Haiku more often?

From what I read, you're doing it, as you make the web browser
more usable.  For me anyway, whether I could use BeOS or Haiku
has come and gone with the browser vs. the demands placed on it
by current web usage.  BeOS lasted until about 2002, Haiku
until I forget, maybe 2011.  That appears to be one of the
biggest challenges Haiku faces.  Oh yeah, the competition has
gotten much better since the early days of BeOS, but Haiku
is better than BeOS was, it's a great platform.  But it needs
the same basic connectivity we had with BeOS, so we must hope
that the web browser won't become an unmanageable burden

        Donn