[haiku-development] Re: Generic Font and FontBoy icons etc.

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 20:39:50 -0400

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 6:54 PM, Disreali <mdisreali@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Do you mean something like these?
>
> This is almost the same as used in Ubuntu 10.04
> http://www.iconarchive.com/show/oxygen-icons-by-oxygen-icons.org/Mimetypes-application-x-font-type-1-icon.html
>
> http://www.iconarchive.com/show/flat-icons-by-yellowicon/Font-Type-icon.html

Yeah that is more or less what I was thinking. Though it definitely
did not look good in the isometric perspective.

> I actually like those. I think the character on a single sheet of paper works
> better than
> an isometric character standing on some paper.

There isn't much reason our font icon couldn't look like the second
one above, just from the other angle which more matches our icon
perspective.

> The isometric look can be difficult to pull off, and to be honest, I'm not a
> fan of it.

Blasphemy!!! Someone grab a stake, some tinder and a lighter!!!

Seriously though, we are pretty well invested with it and overall I
think most of our icons look good.

--
Regards,
Ryan