[haiku-development] Generic Font and FontBoy icons etc.

  • From: Justin Stressman <jstressman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 04:32:05 -0400

Since we were lacking an icon for fonts, I decided to look into making one.

I noticed that the icon for TTF on BeOS was a TT on papers, but I was
wondering what the icon for other font types on BeOS looked like?

So without really knowing, I asked in #haiku and was given the idea to
do a generic font icon with the little label for the specific type
(Type1, TrueType, OpenType, OTC, TTC, etc).

Also, looking at old tickets I saw that a problem with adding an icon
to font files was that there was no program to open them with.[1]

I and others would like to suggest FontBoy.[2] I've done a new HVIF
icon up for that as well. Perhaps we need to check with the author
about using an updated version and including it in the default image?
Or as an optional package?

So here are my icons for fonts and FontBoy:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/phreadom/fonts3.png

(Here are the original BeOS TTF icons:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d12/phreadom/ttfontsicon1.png )

Thoughts?

[1] https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/6953
[2]
http://haikuware.com/remository/view-details/utilities/miscellaneous/fontboy-097

--
"You don't use science to show you're right, you use science to become
right." --xkcd