[haiku-development] Re: [Fwd: [General] Haiku OS]

  • From: "Craig Magina" <craig.magina@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:47:09 -0400

As one of these new developers that posted an introduction, twice, and
then disappeared into the shadows, here is what has kept me from
really diving in.  I run in a 64-bit Linux environment and have yet to
find a successful way to build in that environment, which has led me
to want to make the required changes to get it to build.  However,
being new to Haiku and having no real knowledge of the build system,
that is quite daunting.  I would agree that the "Getting started"
pages need some updating as to find all the pieces to configure my
environment, I have to dig into a few pages, read comments, etc.  It's
not very straight forward.  I finally have a way to build in a 32-bit
environment via my Linux server, but have yet to find time to dig in.
I am hoping this changes as I would really like to become part of the
Haiku development effort.  I'd have to say the ability to self-host
will be a major step forward to simplifying the development
environment as long as my hardware is supported.  Are there any guides
to using the KDL?