[haiku-development] Re: [Fwd: [General] Haiku OS]

  • From: dolgov <dolgov@xxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 20:21:49 +0300

Hello, Koki and other people.
If I'll be open source and enthousiast and see those tasks at first place as proposal for my activity:

"#  Fix font sensitivity issues and hard-coded values
***
# Make our UI and applications more compliant to our HIG
***
# Cleanup incompliant source files
***
# Easy tasks from our bugtracker
***"

I hardly will get any inspiration from that, to dive into new area. That's hard to exlain, but it looks like that there is no real challenges in proposed development, it is not creative and intriguing.

Regards, SD

Do you think the "Getting Started"page at...

http://www.haiku-os.org/documents/dev/haiku_development_getting_started

...is appropriate, or could it use some tweaking? I personally think this document could use a more concise format that leads to actual action; but I am not a developer, so I may be missing something.

Is there anything that we could do or change in the way we generally approach new developers, so that it is easier for them to join the project?

All constructive input is welcome.

Cheers,

Koki