[haiku-development] Re: [Fwd: [General] Haiku OS]

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:23:53 -0700

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:21 AM, dolgov <dolgov@xxxxx> wrote:
> Hello, Koki and other people.
> If I'll be open source and enthousiast and see those tasks at first place as
> proposal for my activity:
>
> "#  Fix font sensitivity issues and hard-coded values
> ***
> # Make our UI and applications more compliant to our HIG
> ***
> # Cleanup incompliant source files
> ***
> # Easy tasks from our bugtracker
> ***"
>
> I hardly will get any inspiration from that, to dive into new area. That's
> hard to exlain, but it looks like that there is no real challenges in
> proposed development, it is not creative and intriguing.
>
> Regards, SD

SD,
If challenge is what you are looking for, then try looking at the roadmap.
http://dev.haiku-os.org/roadmap
You'll see that there are currently 600+ open tickets for R1, look
through those and see if any of those 600 are "intriguing" to you.
There's still lots of things that need to be done, and yes one of
those would be to update that list of easy tasks you listed above.
For a real challenge try picking off some of the open R1/alpha tickets...
-scottmc