[haiku-development] Re: File Open/Save Dialog Edit menu

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 13:07:08 -0400

On May 14, 2013, at 12:54 PM, "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi John!
>
> On Tue, 14 May 2013 12:39:07 -0400 John Scipione wrote:
>> Oh my! So then you can't copy and paste text, say in the filename? Or
>> the shortcuts are overloaded?
>
> That's it. depends what view has focus.

Since the function of cut, copy, and paste depends on context those items IMHO
belong in Edit because sometimes they work on files and sometimes they work on
text and Edit is the standard place for these items.

I'm prepared to be alone on this. Thank you for at least giving me insight into
what the author was thinking when he or she omitted the Edit menu and put those
items under the File menu.