[haiku-development] Re: File Open/Save Dialog Edit menu

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 12:39:07 -0400

On May 14, 2013, at 12:28 PM, "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 May 2013 12:15:36 -0400 John Scipione wrote:
>> I recently noticed that the cut copy and paste menu items are found
>> under the
>> File menu in the Open/Save dialogs. Would anyone object to me moving
>> those
>> items to a new Edit menu?
>
> I think under "File" is correct, as you cut/copy/paste files. The same
> as in regular Tracker windows.

Oh my! So then you can't copy and paste text, say in the filename? Or the
shortcuts are overloaded?

If you can't copy and paste text then it might make sense to keep the menu
items in File, otherwise Edit is the standard place for those items.

But that info does make less less cut and dry than I was envisioning.