[haiku-development] Re: File Open/Save Dialog Edit menu

  • From: looncraz <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 10:54:31 -0700

On 5/14/2013 10:29, John Scipione wrote:
Also what about the rest of the Edit menu items like clear and select all? Those are missing too. Not every user knows the key combinations by heart or even if they do they might prefer to use the menu items. With those items missing they are effectively disabled for those users. If we'd like to include mouse centric users we'll need to provide an Edit menu for those items at least. I'm thinking outside the box of developers and power users. In my experience most users don't use keyboard shortcuts and rely on the menu items being there accessible with the mouse.

File operations belong in the File menu... that would be my first place to look.

Haiku is meant to be logical - not to copy the mistakes of early versions of Windows (which, in Win7 at least, includes all those features in an "Organize" menu).

That said, Select All/None, should also be in the File menu. Or, perhaps, an "Action" menu...

--The loon