[haiku-development] Re: Beta1 and R1 release plan

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 23:18:00 +0100

Hi,

Am 07.11.2014 22:49, schrieb Julian Harnath:
I don't think it's necessary to cram more stuff onto the live media.
Maybe it's just me, but I've always preferred to have clean, unbloated
OS installations instead of systems which install everything and the
kitchen sink out of the box. A set of essential applications, similar
in scope to what BeOS shipped, is IMO enough for a default
installation.
After all, now with PM and Haiku-Depot, discovering and installing all
the available applications is a breeze (or will be, once the repos get
filled :-). What better way is there to demonstrate to the user how
nice our packaging works? Instead of always pre-installing lots of
things, let them browse, discover and install with just a click, which
is now better than ever :)

+1. The less applications cluttering the Deskbar Application menu, the more likely users are to find HaikuDepot in the first place. :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan