[haiku-development] Re: Beta1 and R1 release plan

  • From: Augustin Cavalier <waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 12:04:30 -0500

This plan is *awesome!*

On 11/2/2014 4:22 AM, Adrien Destugues wrote:
Following the R1 release, the BeOS R5 compatibility can continue to
exist in the R2 branch, either in-tree or as an external package.
The R1 branch continues to get fixes so people using Haiku in production
(we're thinking of TuneTracker here) can rely on a rock stable and
supported version to base their products on. This way, people can
continue using the stable R1, or migrate to R2 and enjoy all the new
features, but risk discovering new bugs.
I think it should be an external package at this point (unless anyone in the community has a serious objection...)

-Augustin