[haiku-development] Re: About $application

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 10:23:21 -0400

On 6/10/07, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Hugo Santos" <hugosantos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   In a nutshell, the contents of the about window, as well as other
> issues that have been discussed are, in my opinion of course, a bit
> irrelevant in the current development context. It is important to
> focus efforts in fixing blocking issues. And there are still plenty.

While I pretty much agree, there is always stuff that not everyone can
or is willing to work on; IOW if we have agreed on how the about window
should look like, someone with little experience is actually able to
change the apps the way we decided on. As long as a discussion ends in
being productive, I tend to be fine with it.

Not to keep dragging this discussion out, but the above is my opinion
on the matter too. For example while I could theoretically work on
kernel or networking issues after some study of the code, at the
moment I prefer to make smaller, higher-level changes. So this about
window thing is more the kind of thing I want to work on, therefore it
is not like my time is being taken away from kernel work or other
bigger issues. I think Jonas is in a similar place.

So even though this long discussion may seem unproductive, in reality
now that the discussion is over, Jonas or myself can address the about
window problem with confidence that the other developer's in the
project will accept our changes.

I think these long threads get very unproductive when people start
arguing about something, especially small nitpicking issues. But I
don't think that happened here.

Regards,
Ryan