[openbeos-cdt] Re: Border for resizing (was: Re: Areas of interest for CDT)

  • From: Eddy Groen <eddyspeeder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:26:47 +0100

2009/11/13 Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> While it looks a bit dated to have such a thick border, I actually
> think it's useful, too.

I was thinking about it and actually I still like the border too.

When we really look at shape and function, the bottom-right corner has been
made to suggest that you can use it to change the window size. The border
does not have that, so by it looks it should act like a way to move the
window around rather than resizing.

If you want to allow window resizing using the border by combining it with a
keyboard shortcut, I would advise the border appearance to change so it
becomes obvious that with those keys depressed, the border has changed
function (much like the trash can in OSX now changes appearance from trash
can to eject icon when dragging a disk to it to eject).