[haiku-appserver] Painter status

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 03:14:47 +0100 CET

Hi all,

I just checked in an initial version of my Painter class and associated
code. At

<http://www.yellowbites.com/images/Painter.png>
<http://www.yellowbites.com/images/Painter_AA.png>

are two screenshots of some of the current features. The anti-aliasing
is a compile time option, with the aliased version working now quite
satisfactory. Still lots of work to do, but it's more or less trivial
work, like testing the original BView behaviour for the many
combinations of drawing_modes and alpha blending functions.
Implementing different colorspaces and so on.

Nevertheless, maybe we can start to think about integrating this with
app_server. I'm totally open for discussion on every aspect of this
task and the Painter design itself.

I'm sorry for not integrating Painter with the current Jam build
system. I'm not familiar with that yet. Right now, it comes with its
own makefile, which builds everything plus the test application. The
makefile expects the AGG headers at /boot/home/config/include/agg/.
There is also a dependency on libfreetype.

I will just keep working on the various aspects of completing Painter.
I have included a README file on the current status. I just wanted the
other team mates to get a chance to look at the Painter framework and
start thinking about if and how it can be integrated.

Best regards,
-Stephan