[haiku-appserver] Re: Painter status

  • From: "DarkWyrm" <bpmagic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:16:59 -0500 EST

> > Anyway, this looks like great progress. Most of what's needed for
> > the
> > whole standard interface seems to be there, so it definitely makes
> > sense to start integrating it to me.
> > Any news on that very subject?
>
> For me to help out on the "integrating bit" of the task, I would have
> to get much more familiar with the Haiku app_server. Currently, I
> don't
> even know how to compile test code to actually see something running
> in
> the new app_server. I have hoped, that while I was working on
> implementing all the remaining details of Painter, that others
> started
> using it, and I could see what they were doing and thereby get to
> know
> the Haiku app_server design.
>
> Best regards,
> -Stephan
I have had (for some time) a relatively easy way to do this using BeIDE
for anyone that has a local copy of the CVS tree, but it hadn't been
updated in quite some time. I just updated it, so now you have no
excuse. :D  --  http://darkwyrm.beemulated.net/downloads/
appserver_build_suite.zip

On the integration front, there are issues that Stephen and I need to
work out related to the font engines used, and I'm sorry Stephen that I
haven't mentioned this to you until now -- I just sat down with the
code and got it to build properly on my side early yesterday morning.
Most of that entails just simply he and I figuring out what the other
did and how to make them play nice-nice together. Once that's figured
out, integration shouldn't be *too* difficult.

--DarkWyrm