[haiku-appserver] Re: Painter status

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:25:57 +0100 CET

Hi,

> > are two screenshots of some of the current features. The anti-
> > aliasing
> > is a compile time option, with the aliased version working now
> > quite
> > satisfactory. Still lots of work to do, but it's more or less
> > trivial
> > work, like testing the original BView behaviour for the many
> > combinations of drawing_modes and alpha blending functions.
> > Implementing different colorspaces and so on.
>
> Do I see correctly that the *_AA version also allows you to draw with
> aliasing as normal BViews currently do? I would very much like a
> BView::SetAntiAliasing(bool on) like mehod.

In both pictures, the upper half is rendered using Painter, the lower
half is rendered using BView. Both objects are attached to a BBitmap.
Pretty much the exact same sequence of calls is used to render the
images. So while the aliasing/anti-aliasing is currently a compile time
switch, I see nothing preventing me from offering a run time option.

> Anyway, this looks like great progress. Most of what's needed for the
> whole standard interface seems to be there, so it definitely makes
> sense to start integrating it to me.
> Any news on that very subject?

For me to help out on the "integrating bit" of the task, I would have
to get much more familiar with the Haiku app_server. Currently, I don't
even know how to compile test code to actually see something running in
the new app_server. I have hoped, that while I was working on
implementing all the remaining details of Painter, that others started
using it, and I could see what they were doing and thereby get to know
the Haiku app_server design.